There are more reports these days of Windows 7 Pro environments being upgraded automatically to Windows 10. One way to prevent this even if the upgrade has already been scheduled is to use a tool by the name of GWX Control Panel.
- The Disable ‘Get Windows 10’ App feature removes Microsoft’s “Get Windows 10” nagware app from your notification area.
- The Prevent Windows 10 Upgrades feature checks for system settings that leave you vulnerable to unwanted Windows 10 upgrades and gives you the ability to fix them.
- The Prevent Windows 10 Upgrades feature also restores your Windows Update control panel to its normal behavior if it gets hijacked by Windows 10 advertisements or installers.
- The Delete Windows 10 Download Folders feature locates and deletes hidden Windows 10 installer files that Microsoft secretly downloads to your computer.
- The Delete Windows 10 Programs feature easily deletes hard-to-remove program files that are known to prepare your computer for Windows 10 upgrades.
- The program can alert you if your Windows Update settings change from one of the safer “download only” or “check only” options to “automatically install” behind your back and gives you the chance to fix it with the Change Windows Update Settings feature.
- The optional Save Diagnostic Info feature (in the right-click pop-up menu of the title bar) generates enhanced diagnostic reports that give you detailed information on any settings GWX Control Panel finds that leave you open to unwanted Windows 10 behavior.
- The optional “Monitor Mode” feature runs quietly in the background watching for unexpected system changes, and alerts you as soon as any new Windows 10 settings or files are detected.